St Peter Chanel Catholic School

(07) 849 3734 admin@spc.ac.nz 5 Vardon Rd, Te Rapa, Hamilton 3200

LEARNING AT SAINT PETER CHANEL

Vision 

Whole Education. Whole Person

Learning Culture 

Where everyone knows they are believed in, respected and embraced for who they are as a learner, and a son/daughter of God.

SPC Values

• Love of God, self and others

• Respect & tolerance

• Perseverance

• Positivity

• Being Responsible

• Honesty & Integrity

• Teamwork & Community

Learning to Learn

At Saint Peter Chanel Catholic School we focus on teaching students how to become great learners. We use an inquiry approach to learning that teaches students how to learn in a variety of ways. Students learn new information and skills by; tuning in, finding out, sorting out, going further, acting and reflecting. Students are taught specific skills within each of these stages that will help them become lifelong learners. Students are also taught the skills and attitudes required to support them in living and learning today and in the future, we call these key competencies.

Key Competencies

Follower of Christ

How you show that you live your life in the image of God. You model the teachings of Christ in your interactions with others.

Managing Self

Understanding how you learn, the challenges you may face in your learning, and the way you overcome these learning challenges.

Thinking

Understanding how you think, why you think as you do, and how you become a more capable thinker.

Communicator

The different ways you communicate and understand information, experiences and ideas.

Participating & Contributing

Being involved in things that are going on, being a good group member by contributing, including and creating opportunities for others.